We all want to live and work in a community which is safe and healthy, especially for our children.
By encouraging all road users on Buckingham Park to observe a maximum speed limit of 20 mph we hope to achieve:
- better safety for all
- reduced danger for walkers and cyclists
- a quieter community
- better air quality
- an increase in walking and cycling
- better health for everyone
Look out for the information on our Friday launch day. You’ll be able to pick up a wheelie bin sticker, sign our pledge, and collect a small gift for your child!
Sign the pledge!
We are inviting parents to sign a simple 'Driving and Parking Pledge'. Once you've signed, we'll give you a sticker to display in your car window. You can sign up at our launch day on Friday.
- To reduce my speed to a maximum of 20 mph when driving around the Buckingham Park Community
- To park my car safely and thoughtfully, (within parking pays, not on corners, not near crossing points where there are dropped kerbs for families, not blocking driveways of local residents)
- Where possible, to walk with my child(ren) to allow the development of road safety skills and to reduce the traffic on Buckingham Park