Everyone experiences difficult times once in a while.
You may feel alone and isolated. These times can be difficult and even traumatic, Space can offer support.
Space supports people who are going through relationship difficulties, depression, bereavement, unemployment, mental health problems, loneliness, or any combination of these issues.
Space can support you by providing:
• A safe place to unwind and think
• Someone who will listen to you in confidence and without judgement
• Information about other organizations
• A chance to meet others
What can you expect from Space?
- A free and confidential listening service
- Information about other sources of support and help
- The opportunity to come to a drop in
- Trained and friendly listeners who can give you time in a
quiet area, away from the group if this is what you want
- Time to enjoy the company of others, have a chat and enjoy company
- a counselling service
Space hold 4 drop-ins a week. These drop-ins are a chance for people to meet others.
Members can sit and chat over a hot drink with a biscuit or some fruit in a relaxed atmosphere.
All drop-ins are facilitated by volunteers who are trained with listening skills so if anyone needs to talk privately and confidentially we have people who are willing to listen.
Drop-ins are held in St Mary’s Church on:
Tuesday 10.30am – 12pm
Friday 10.30am – 12pm
Sunday 2pm – 4pm
… also in Church of the Good Shepherd on:
Thursday 10.30am – 12pm